Half day. Mental Health Refresher Training
Warwickshire & the Cotswolds
1. Mental Health Refresher Training: Key Features.
Extends the certification of Mental Health First Aiders for another 3 years.
An opportunity to share experiences, hints and tips, with other Mental Health First Aiders.
Course syllabus approved by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Facilitated by accredited MHFA England Instructors who are also qualified Occupational Health Specialist Practitioners with practical day to day experience of supporting employers and employees.
2. Mental Health Refresher Training: Course Details.
Existing Mental Health First Aiders.
6 – 8 per course.
Face to face “classroom” delivery at your site.
£150 (inc. VAT) per attendee. Includes:
- A hard copy MHFA Refresher workbook.
- Access to the MHFA England Online Learning Hub where your Mental Health First Aider can find:
- A digital manual to which they can refer to whenever needed back at the workplace.
- Potentially useful content and details of MHFA England online events.
- The MHFAider Support App® (please scroll down this page for more details).
Note: MHFA England’s recommended retail price (RRP) for this course is £150 (plus VAT).
3. Mental Health Refresher Training: Course Syllabus.
In a single session (with comfort breaks of course) we’ll cover the following topics:
- Refresh your awareness of the mental health support you might provide.
- Update your knowledge of mental health and what influences it.
- Practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
You’ll also have the opportunity to share experiences, hints and tips with other Mental Health First Aiders.
3. Mental Health First Aider: Support App
Mental Health First Aiders have access to an app which provides them with:
- Secure conversation logging to make reflective notes to record and reflect (they must avoid logging any personally identifiable information unless they have obtained the data subject’s explicit consent to do so).
- Reminders for wellbeing check-ins with people they are supporting.
- 24/7 text support service through Shout, for advice and reassurance on a Mental Health First Aid conversation or to support your Mental Health First Aider’s own wellbeing after a difficult conversation.
- Resource library of toolkits, guidance, animations and core mental health concepts.
- Signposting database through Hub of Hope to find local and national mental health services for additional mental health first aider support.
- Compatible with iOS and Android and can also be accessed via a web browser.