Two Day. Mental Health First Aider training
Solihull and the Midlands.
Mental Health First Aider training: course details
Employees at every level.
2 days / 4 sessions.
Socially distanced: Min 4 – Max 7.
Face to face “classroom” delivery at your site.
£295 (inc VAT) per attendee. Includes:
- A course workbook for each attendee including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health.
- A manual for each attendee to refer to whenever needed back at the workplace.
- MHFA England accreditation certificate.
- Understand mental health and the factors that can affect wellness.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, employee assistance programmes, their GP, other specialist practitioners or a combination.
Mental Health First Aider training: course syllabus
Across the 4 sessions we’ll cover:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Schizophrenia disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using mental health first aid
Click to see details of another training course:
Some of our client site delivery locations
Mental Health First Aider training Solihull and the Midlands